söndag, augusti 06, 2006

Family Day

Today a majority of my extended family is arriving at my parents house for a very civilised Sunday lunch thing. I spent the better part of yesterday feeling like Jamie Oliver in the kitchen making nectraine pie, lemon pie, bread sticks AND dinner (salmon and pasta). The result is that I can sit back today, in the garden, upgrade my tan, and not worry about mum and dad doing all the work in the kitchen today.
ETA for the family is approx 4 hours right now.

Two of my cousins have produced babies and are bringing them, a toddler and an infant. I have a feeling, cute as they are, that my "I never, ever want to have kids" feeling will have increased by the end of the day. Because, cute as they are, kids really are a hassle. It takes sooooooo long before they are any fun at all and all that undivided attention they demand 24/7 is just to much for me. I can't even dedicate myself to a season of "Lost" on tv.

But, they are cute, the older of the two is only about three years old and already going through the teenage phase of ignoring her parents. Every question about what they did at day care is met with a sullen "nothing" and if you ask her what she had for lunch the reply is "meatballs" for every day of the week. Funny and cute, as long as you're not the parent. The youngest one can't even sit up yet but has already developed a great interest in blonde girls, blonde girls are very definately his favourite people to be held by. It will be interesting to see how he turns out when he hits puberty.

But my deck chair is looking very soft and warm out in the garden and my iPod is fully charged so I may spend the next three hours out there. I go back to work tomorrow so I might as well make the most of my last free day. Not to bad going back, I'm lucky enough to like my job although I'm not looking forward to opening up my Inbox...

Have a nice Sunday

/Mel

Inga kommentarer: