torsdag, maj 18, 2006

Eurovision

Tonight was the Eurovision Song Contest Semifinals. Since there are so many European countries who want to be in the big one they have to have a semifinal. There were 23 (I think...) songs in the semifinal, ten went on to the final on Saturday and and I think the final line up contains 24 songs. If all the songs were in the big one we'd have to listen to almost 40 songs...

Anyway, this year is a big deal for Sweden. Sweden is a big Eurovision nation, we take pride in Eurovision ever since Abba won the whole thing in 1974 with "Waterloo". Last year Sweden did so badly we had to qulify to get in to the big final... All winter there were competitions in Sweden to get the right song down to Athens (where the final is this year) and the slogan has been "The right song has to win". I think we had four semifinals and one big final, we've combed the nation for the right song and right artist. In the end Carola was voted as the one by the Swedish people and luckily, for her, she got through to the final tonight. So at least the Eurovision following part of the nation will be glued to their sets on Saturday night, including me. Yes. Yes. I'm a Eurovision follower. Don't ring me on Saturday night ok?

My personal favourite for this year is Bosnia-Hercegovina, it's lovely, sweet little ballad. And I liked Ukraine too, sort of like Ukraine's answer to Britney Spears early years. She was wearing an MTV version of the Ukraine national dress I think.

Barcelona won the Champions Leauge last night, that's football Christy, the European version, and Champions Leauge is as big as it gets.

And this summer is World Cup summer...I'm nervous now! I don't know how I'm going to survive the Swedish games, I know I have to watch them but at the same time I'll have butterflies all the time.

It's late now, should get to bed. Night, night.

/Mel

Inga kommentarer: