söndag, maj 21, 2006

Congratulations Finland!

My friend feels personally insulted by Lordi winning the Eurovision Song Contest last night. I can only shut up and not tell her that I think it's great that Finland finally got to win it for the first time. And how they won it! The Eurovision certainly isn't was it used to be and it's a very good thing.

My personal was Bosnia-Hercegovina's song, I'm happy it finished third. The one that's stuck in my head the day after is Russia's contribution, bad mullet and all. The only problem is I couldn't hear a word he sung, despite the song being in English so I have no idea what the words are but it's all part of the charm really. It wouldn't be Eurovision without incomprehensible mumblings in bad English. It's cheesy, but I love Europe, I don't think want to live anywhere else. I only wish Australia was a bit closer.

/Mel

2 kommentarer:

Ellee Seymour sa...

What about Turkey? I thought their entry was a sneaky way of trying to convince us that they have moved on and embrace modern Europe?

Mel sa...

I don't think so, Sertab who won a few years ago had the same sound as this song. They tend to do dancy pop with very ethnic sounds just like the rest of Eastern Europe.